Ravens Recap: Thanksgiving EditionPosted on November 29, 2013 by Ethan Felderstein
- It only took 4 plays for a fight to get started. Well, that was unsurprising.
- Good to see the Ravens convert on the 1-yard line. Not converting would've been killer.
- Ike Taylor and Torrey Smith going at it early. Nice to see Torrey getting fired up.
- Brandon Stokley getting involved in the passing game. Finally getting to see a connection between him and Flacco. He left the game in the 2nd quarter with a knee sprain
- No clue what happened on the Steelers' fake field goal. It didn't work, obviously. Was it a fake, actually?
- Michael Oher is struggling incredibly with the false start. His penalties are really hindering the offense.
- Emmanuel Sanders celebrated his touchdown catch with the Ray Lewis dance. That's so 1 year ago.
- Ray Rice called for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. He's been being hit and jarring to the Steelers all day long.
- A replay showed that Steelers' Head Coach Mike Tomlin stood in the way of Jacoby Jones during kick return. He jumped out of the way which forced Jones to go inside, getting tackled.
- Troy Polamalu is an absolute non-factor. He's a ghost of the player he used to be.
- Justin Tucker has been absolutely clutch tonight. Actually, he's been incredible all season and huge to whatever success the Ravens have had.
- Daryl Smith has been terrible all night in coverage.
- Heath Miller dominated the Ravens' secondary on his touchdown drive. Smith and Bynes really struggled to cover him.
- Le'Veon Bell and Jimmy Smith had a scary collision on the goal line. Incredible that they both were able to stand up under their own power.
- Bell's run was ruled a no-touchdown because his helmet popped off before he crossed the goal line. Odd call.
- Steelers hit a wide open Cotcherty for a touchdown, but Roethlisberger's 2-point was incomplete as Chykie Brown broke up the pass.
- Ravens sealed the game as the Steelers' onside kick attempt didn't travel 10 yards. Game over.
No one aspect of the Ravens' game was perfect tonight, but they did enough to win. Flacco returned to form tonight with 237 yards and, most importantly, zero interceptions. Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce were efficient, but couldn't have a breakout performance as they move the ball for 75 combined yards. Torrey Smith played exceptionally as he hauled in 6 passes for 93 yards.
Elvis Dumervil got tons of pressure on Roethlisberger all night, but couldn't sack him. At the end of the day, the Ravens' defense was just good enough to hold the Steelers' offense to just 20 points and seal a crucial victory.
Tweets of the Night
Jacoby Jones had his man BEAT but Flacco under throws it. High school style.— IHJJR (@iHateJJRedick) November 29, 2013
Justin Tucker: Best kicker in football.— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) November 29, 2013