Eleven Quarterbacks Will Make More Money Than Joe Flacco In 2014Posted on February 17, 2014 by Phil Gentile
Below are the 2014 Salary Cap Numbers from Spotrac for each of the quarterbacks making more money next season than Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco. Some make sense. Some are downright baffling. Gives you a good idea that maybe Flacco isn't overpaid after all. Or maybe just not as overpaid as some of the other quarterbacks in the league. Enjoy!
1. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears ($22.5 million)
Really? Cutler is the highest paid quarterback in the NFL next season? Woof.
2. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys ($21.7 million)
One playoff win in his ten year career? Nice move Jerry.
3. Eli Manning, New York Giants ($20.4 million)
Can't argue with two Super Bowl victories but he's been average since they last won in 2011.
4. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers ($18.9 million)
Another two time Super Bowl champion. I know we aren't supposed to like him here in Baltimore but he gets the job done when he's healthy and has the talent around him.
5. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints ($18.4 million)
Super Bowl ring? Check. 5,000+ yards in each of the last three seasons? Check.
6. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers ($17.9 million)
Maybe the most dominate quarterback in the NFL. Can't argue with this price tag.
7. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams ($17.6 million)
What? Really? Are you joking? Forget Flacco......Bradford makes more than PEYTON MANNING Y'ALL!
8. (tied) Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos ($17.5 million)
Best regular season quarterback of all time.
8. (tied) Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons ($17.5 million)
Drafted seventeen spots ahead of Flacco. Despite better offensive weapons at his disposal has one career postseason win compared to nine for Flacco.
10. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers ($16.6 million)
Complete crybaby that has never won anything. Rivers and Cutler do have something in common after all!
11. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions ($15.8 million)
Loves throwing interceptions as much as he loves cold cuts. Imagine him without Megatron. Average at best,
12, Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens ($14.8 million)
I know buddy. I don't get it either. Jay Cutler? Tony Romo? SAM BRADFORD??? Don't worry. Baltimore still loves you.