Ravens Recap: Preseason Week ThreePosted on August 24, 2014 by Phil Gentile
- Really confused how RGIII had 20 yards against a Ravens secondary that was without it's top three cornerbacks. Insane.
- Rick Wagner struggled a bit against the Washington pass rushers. He is a player I am very concerned about going forward. The offensive line was one of the biggest reasons the Ravens offense stalled last season.
- I have to think Steve Smith will be another Anquan Boldin in this Ravens offense. At the end of the year the stats won't jump off the page but he will be clutch when we need a 3rd down catch more often than that.
- As much as I hate the Washington football team they were the more physical team on this night. That being said Washington safety Brandon Merriweather is a complete headhunter and doesn't deserve to be in the league in my mind.
- I love seeing how they are using Kyle Juszczyk in this offense. Hopefully his blocking will be close to what Leach brought because his skills as an offensive weapon is a welcome addition.
- CJ Mosley with an interception. This kid is going to be special.
- Tyrod Taylor was still in "run-first" mode but he had a very nice touchdown pass to Deonte Thompson so that was promising. Meanwhile Keith Wenning didn't see the field.
- Gotta think there will be a QB controversy in DC right? Cousins looked pretty good while RGIII
Injury Update: Bernard Pierce left the game in the 1st quarter with concussion like symptoms. Not good considering he is being counted on as the starter for the first two weeks while Ray Rice is suspended.
GIF(s) of the night:
Steve Smith's 2nd quarter touchdown catch (h/t @tannad2001)
Jacoby Jones, Brandon Williams, and Terrell Suggs celebrating behind John Harbaugh (h/t @tannad2001)
Vine of the night: Haloti Ngata kicks Redskins player. Totally unacceptable in my mind.