Since January 2018, Vat is implemented to all businesses across all states of UAE. Here, in this blog, we will talk about vat registration procedures briefly.
Vat registration process:
Over the past few years, UAE is playing a viral in the growth of the world economy. This country has become a business hub not only for residents but foreign investors. UAE government encourages foreigners to invest there and provides excellent facilities and protection to business owners. However, from January 2018, the UAE government has implemented a new tax rule, which is known as value-added tax (vat) that applies to everyone business. Read the following requirements for Vat registration in UAE.
- Vat registration is compulsory for those businesses, which have at least 375000 AED annual turnovers.
- Some businesses can obtain vat registration deliberately, which has an annual turnover from 187500 AED to 375000 AED.
- Those companies that started their business recently and have spent more than 187500 AED to set up a business in UAE can also obtain vat registration.
Documents required for Vat registration:
- There are various documents that the government requires for vat filing in UAE.
- Trade license copy.
- Copies of passport, including owner and partners.
- Copies of UAE identification, including owner and partners.
- Memorandum of association.
- Bank account details of the organization with IBAN.
- Business details with annual turnover.
- Provide audited reports, balance sheets, or bank statements for 12 months.
- Registration code of custom authority.
Other required documents and details:
- The registered address of the company with a P.O box number.
- The list of projected profit ratios and expenses for the next 5 years.
- Detail of business nature and activities, including trading and import/export.
- If you are doing business in GCC countries, provide their name.
- Name of groups that are handling your tax matters.
- Steps for the vat registration process:
- For the registration process, the first step you need to take is to visit the FTA portal through the website.
- Create your account on the portal.
- When you create an account successfully, it is time to start your registration process, and the FTA website will guide you through this process.
- Make sure to fill the application carefully. When you have submitted your application successfully, you will get a tax registration number.
- You will use these signup details like username and password.
- You will need to verify your email address and other important details when requires.